Blog


Skype for Business Mass Policy update for all users

I recently has a requirement from a customer to roll out the same policies to all users that had a SfB account in Office 365.  The task in its self is not difficult but I found that extracting the SIP address via the SipProxyAddress attribute didn’t work as expected.  The command used to get all the enable users was:

The idea of the command is to filter all enabled Skype users and save the users SIP address into the $allusers variable. What I found is the SipProxyAddress has a mass of trailing white spaces after the text has finished. So to remove the white spaces another command was applied after:

Now we have a clean list of SIP enabled users that we can call up on. So the next part is to apply the required policies to the users, this was done using a foreach:




Lync and Skype Client SIP Address Update

I recently was involved in project that required over 3500 SIP addresses to be changed. Now performing this change on the server side was a simple and easy step. The problem was getting this updated SIP address to all the users in question. The simplest way I could see this happening was via a logon script. (Lucky most of the users are site based and always on the LAN)

So I set about creating a script to perform the required, the script performs a look up into AD based on the users sAMAccount name and checks the msrtcsip-PrimaryUser attribute for a value. This is then placed in the required location in the users registry location.

The script its self is based on vbs, as I find it works a lot quicker then PowerShell when making connections to Active Directory.




Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!