Lync and Skype Client SIP Address Update

I recently was involved in project that required over 3500 SIP addresses to be changed. Now performing this change on the server side was a simple and easy step. The problem was getting this updated SIP address to all the users in question. The simplest way I could see this happening was via a logon script. (Lucky most of the users are site based and always on the LAN)

So I set about creating a script to perform the required, the script performs a look up into AD based on the users sAMAccount name and checks the msrtcsip-PrimaryUser attribute for a value. This is then placed in the required location in the users registry location.

The script its self is based on vbs, as I find it works a lot quicker then PowerShell when making connections to Active Directory.

Sample code here –  Download

*Any code downloaded and used is your own responsibility. This is freely given as a guide to help and assist where possible.




No Comments


You can leave the first : )